Page last updated: 27 April 2015 (website last updated: 28 April 2015)
Welcome to the Waxbill Finch Society's website
(now updated with 2014 returns)
The WFS breeding returns for 2014 have now been collated and incorporated into the site. Please take a look at the breeding returns page to get a flavour of those species that are being bred in decent numbers and those that pose a real threat to survival in bird-keeping.
|03 May (Sunday)||South-East Branch meeting - Great Hallingbury Village Hall, Church Road, Great Hallingbury, Essex CM22 7TY
(5 minutes from M11 Junction 8).
Hall open: 11.15am.
Guest speakers: Claudia and Gerhard Hoffman on nutrition.
|12 July (Sunday)||South-West Branch meeting - Botus Fleming Village Hall, PL12 6NJ (Near Saltash, off A38).
Hall open: 1.30pm.
|All meetings||Visit our branch meetings page for all the details.|
The Waxbill Finch Society was formed in 1991 with the following aims:
- To encourage the breeding of Estrildid Finches (Waxbills, Munias, etc.)
- To share information about proven breeding and feeding methods
- To help members locate, exchange, purchase or sell stock
- To build up stocks of captive-bred birds
- To assist members to contact one another at Branch Meetings or by telephone
This website is therefore designed both to promote our society and to help it achieve these aims. We also hope it will encourage potential members to develop an interest in these marvellous birds.
WFS keeping and breeding booklets
Now available by PayPal.