Page last updated: 08 July 2016 (website last updated: 11 July 2016)
Welcome to the Waxbill Finch Society's website
(now updated with 2015 WFS breeding returns)
The WFS breeding returns for 2015 have now been collated and incorporated into the site. Please take a look at the breeding returns page to get a flavour of those species that are being bred in decent numbers and those that pose a real threat to survival in bird-keeping.
|10 July 2016 (Sunday)||South-West Branch meeting - Please note: change of venue for this meeting.
Please see our branch meetings page.
|10 July 2016 (Sunday)||South-East Branch Members' Summer Sales Day - Great Hallingbury Village Hall, Church Road, Great Hallingbury, Essex CM22 7TY
Doors open 10:30am
(5 minutes from M11 Junction 8).
Free entry for WFS members
DEFRA bird gathering rules apply
|All meetings||Visit our branch meetings page for all the details.|
The Waxbill Finch Society was formed in 1991 with the following aims:
- To encourage the breeding of Estrildid Finches (Waxbills, Munias, etc.)
- To share information about proven breeding and feeding methods
- To help members locate, exchange, purchase or sell stock
- To build up stocks of captive-bred birds
- To assist members to contact one another at Branch Meetings or by telephone
This website is therefore designed both to promote our society and to help it achieve these aims. We also hope it will encourage potential members to develop an interest in these marvellous birds.